Date(s) - 09/16/2020
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Teton Photography Club September 2020 Photo Contest
This is an Open theme contest. Any creation that is derived from the photographic process including post processing is acceptable.
We will accept up to 100 images in total. Up to three per TPC member.
If we receive more than 100 images the contest committee may prejudge the photos to get to a manageable number.
The contest committee is made up of Barney Koszalka, Beth Holmes and David Navratil
Judging will be a two-step process.
The top 10 will be selected by popular vote of the members during the video meeting on Sept 16.
A panel of professional photographers will select the final 5
There will be two Levels for this contest.
Level 1 will be for beginners and intermediate members of the club.
Level 2 will be for Advanced and Professional members of the club.
Please submit your photos in only one Level. If you have placed in the prior contest
you are required to be in Level 2.
Prizes for each Tier
Cash prizes will be awarded for first, second and third place.
First Place $250 B & H gift card
Second Place $125 B & H gift card
Third Place $75 B & H gift card
Honorable Mention $25 B & H gift card
Honorable Mention $25 B & H gift card
Entry Submission Opens Sept 3.
Entry Submission Closes midnight Tuesday, Sept 8th.
Contest via Video Conference Sept 16th 6pm. (Zoom or WebEx)
Guidelines and Restrictions
Number of Submissions: Each TPC member in good standing may submit up three images
- Images must be the original work of the member submitting them.
As a condition of entering the contest, the member grants to TPC a nonexclusive license for the purposes of this contest to reproduce and publish the image(s) in printed and/or electronic form for promotional purposes only.
Enhancement is permitted. Enhancement includes post-processing techniques to improve color, brightness, dynamic range (HDR), focus stacking, etc.
Manipulation is permitted. Manipulation means adding anything not in the original image, removing anything from the original image or moving anything within an image.
- Post-processing correction to eliminate elements not part of the original scene such as sensor spots, dust, stray hairs, etc.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) images.
- Focus Stacking of multiple images of the same subject to increase depth of field.
- Panoramic images composed of multiple exposures stitched together. However, bear in mind that some panoramas may not display well on screens
- Black and White images, whether captured in camera or converted in post processing.
- Time Lapse images, where many images of the same scene (typically star trails) taken over a period of time and combined into a single image.
- Multiple Images of the same subject taken with slight movement of camera between frames and combined into a single image.
- Infrared images.
- Selective or global lightening or darkening, color correction, sharpening, noisereduction and the use of creative processing tools in Photoshop or plugins such as Nik Filters, On1, Luminar4, Topaz, etc. are permitted.
- Images taken in a studio environment.
- Borders, visible watermarks, copyright notices and photographer’s names or any other added text is not permitted.
- Images where any living creature appears to be stressed or harassed by humans in any way will be disqualified.
Provided that they conform to the above rules, images taken with smartphones, tablets etc. and images processed using Smartphone Applications are permitted.
Please read the Submission Rules very carefully before you submit.
STEP 1: File Preparation
– Each image must be a jpg file format, 72ppi, 1800 pixels on long side
(If you don’t know how to size your file, please visit the TPC Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/tpgemail/ and make a post for assistance)
– File name for each image must follow this format
For example: Jane_Doe_TetonSunrise
IF YOU DON’T FOLLOW THESE FILE PREPARATION GUIDELINES, YOUR IMAGE WILL NOT UPLOAD CORRECTLY.
STEP 2: Upload files
From a laptop or desktop computer (not mobile device) go http://www.tpccontest.org/
this is the page you will see.
If you are submitting an image for consideration in the TPC September Contest . Choose either Level One Beginners and Intermediate or Level Two Advanced and Professional.
The next screen will look like this.
First, enter your email address where shown, then click Choose File to find the image you want to submit. Then click Upload Image. You will be taken to a screen that shows a preview of your image. IT MAY BE SLIGHTLY DISTORTED. That’s OK, your image is fine. You will be given an option to upload another image. If you have only one, you may Quit your browser and go to step 3.
STEP 3: Confirm your upload
From the email address you entered during the upload, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: X images Where X is the number of images you uploaded. So if you uploaded 2 images, your subject line would be: 2 images. Don’t write anything in the body of the email unless you have had trouble. If you have trouble you may use that email address to seek assistance.
That’s it you are done. We look forward to seeing your images during the contest.